The Burlington Lead Program works with property owners to reduce lead based paint hazards at their properties. We work in single family homes, owner-occupied rental properties, rental apartment buildings and home-based childcare centers. To qualify for assistance the property must:
- Be located in Burlington or Winooski
- Have been constructed prior to 1978
- Have at least one (1) bedroom
- Total household income cannot exceed 80% of the median income for Burlington
- Owner-occupied properties must have a child under age 6 or an expectant parent living at the residence. This does not apply to rental properties.
Get your Burlington Lead Program Application here: Property Owner Application 2019 and Household Application 2019 (These applications are fillable, but need to be signed and returned to BLP offices.) Nepali translated versions of the application are available, please call.
*100% funding forgiveness available by meeting program criteria