The Burlington Lead Program works with property owners to reduce lead based paint hazards at their properties. We work in single family homes, owner-occupied rental properties, rental apartment buildings and home-based childcare centers. To qualify for assistance the property must:
- Be located in Burlington or Winooski
- Have been constructed prior to 1978
- Have at least one (1) bedroom
- Total household income cannot exceed 80% of the median income for Burlington
- Owner-occupied properties must have a child under age 6 or an expectant parent living at the residence. This does not apply to rental properties.
Get your Burlington Lead Program Application here: Property Owner Application and Tenant/Household Application. (These applications are fillable, but need to be signed and returned to BLP offices.) Nepali translated versions of the application are available, please call.
*100% funding forgiveness available by meeting program criteria